NOTE: DUE TO COVID-19 CONCERNS WE ARE UNABLE TO RUN OUR VANS. WE HOPE TO RESUME OUR VAN MINISTRY ONCE THE PANDEMIC HAS SUBSIDED.
The Van Ministry of First Baptist Church provides transportation for children and youth ages 4 through 12th grade to our church facilities for Wednesday evening and Sunday morning activities. The schedule of activities for Wednesday and Sunday are:
- Wednesday night: Activities for children and youth (age 4 through 12th grade) - 6:00pm until 7:30pm (children 5th grade and younger have FREE supper starting at 5:30pm each Wednesday evening at FBCC).
- Sunday morning: Sunday School (there is a class for every age/stage) at 9:15am and Celebration Worship at 10:30am.
- PARENTS/GUARDIANS/ADULTS: There are activities for adults on Wednesday evenings, including Ladies' Bible Study, Men's Bible Study, and Adult Prayer Meeting and Bible Study, while your children are enjoying the youth and children's activities. We also have Bible Study groups on Sunday mornings at 9:15am for all ages, birth through senior adult. Our Sunday morning worship (at 10:30am) is contemporary in nature and you are welcome to dress casual. You can CLICK HERE to find out what to expect at FBCC.
Parents desiring their children to be picked up must complete the following:
- Download, print, fill out, and sign the Participant's Form (link to this form is on the right side of this page.
- Fill out the required information below. This information will be transferred to a paper copy which one of our van drivers will bring to your location on the first pick-up time for your signature. We must have a completed form and signed document by a parent or legal guardian before a child is allowed to be picked up by one of our church vans.
Before filling out the form below please note the following Van Rider Guidelines:
"Filling out this form and clicking "SUBMIT," I acknowledge the van is an extension of FBCC functions and that Christ-like conduct by all participants is required. Furthermore, I agree with, and will abide by, the guidelines listed below:
- Per Texas state law all children younger than 8 years old, unless taller than 4’ 9”, are required to be in the appropriate child safety seat system whenever they ride in a passenger vehicle (includes church vans). According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, “when a child reaches their 8th birthday – no matter their height, it is legal for the child to use only the adult safety belt in the passenger vehicle.” The church will provide approved booster seats that must be used by all children ages 4 through 7. A child that is required by law to sit in a booster seat will not be permitted to ride on the van if they refuse to do so.
- Children ages 4 and 5 must have a Riding Buddy on the van with them. A Riding Buddy may be a legal guardian/parent or a teenage sibling of the 4 or 5-year-old rider. NOTE: If the Riding Buddy is 18 years old or older, a criminal background check must be obtained by FBCC before riding on the van. A separate form, which is available at the FBCC church office during normal working hours, must be completed and signed in order to conduct a background check.
- Children who are crying, inconsolable, or uncooperative when picked up at home will not be allowed to ride the van.
- Riders must remain seated with seatbelts buckled at all times while in the van.
- Riders are expected to be courteous and respectful to the van driver and all other workers and riders at all times.
- Riders must exit the van only at their authorized home/destination, unless a written agreement is turned in for special circumstances.
- Open food and drinks are not allowed on the van.
- Mutual respect for all riders is required.
- Shouting, swearing, horseplay, fighting, verbal abuse and arguing amongst riders is not allowed.
- Interaction between genders must reflect Christian priorities with no embracing, kissing, or other public displays of affection allowed.
- Anyone playing music on any device, while on the van, must use headphones and play music at a level that others riders cannot hear.
- All belongings (backpacks, Bibles, etc.) must be removed from the van with the rider each time they exit the van. Do not leave anything on the van, including trash.
If any of these guidelines are not followed, riders will be given three verbal warnings, and parents will be notified of each of these warnings as they occur. After the third violation and warning, parents will be notified that a rider will be suspended from riding a FBCC van to/from church for 2 weeks (1 week includes both Sunday and Wednesday).
After repeated suspensions, a child will be terminated from riding a FBCC van to/from church permanently, and the van coordinator will set up a time to meet with parents to discuss an alternative way for their child to be dropped off/picked up from church.