The W.E.E. School Ministry of FBC Cleburne is for children age 2 through 5 (Pre-K) and meets Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Full-day and half-day options are offered and are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
the mission of w.e.e. school
Our purpose is to promote the development of the "whole child" according to Luke 2:52, "And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man."
The main goal of this program is to provide a safe, nurturing environment that fosters social, mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical growth for children aged two to five. This is accomplished by helping each child to feel loved and accepted, and by fostering a joy and eagerness for learning that will last a lifetime.
THE history OF W.E.E. SCHOOL
The W.E.E. School of FBC Cleburne was started in 1977 as a Mother's Day Out program. Over the years the W.E.E. School has extended the ministry of FBC Cleburne by providing biblically-based, age-appropriate education for 2, 3, 4, and 5 year olds.
W.E.E. School operates under standards of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services for Licensed Childcare Center.
In a world where families and educators want the best for young children, we utilize the WEE Learn curriculum which provides age-appropriate, hands-on learning experiences.
- Science - label, classify, compare, weigh, and measure
- Music - learn timing, rhythm, patterns, and have fun moving and expressing themselves
- Manipulatives - concentrating and developing fine motor skills
- Blocks - learning about shapes and sizes, cooperating with friends, learning how to follow a design they have in their minds
- Home Living - role playing helps develop social skills, while using creativity and imagination
- Art - expressing themselves through creativity, developing eye-hand coordination, and learning cause & effect of different properties of materials
- Math - hands-on activities; count, sort, classify, match, measure, compare, group, etc.
- Writing - experience and explore the written word
- Computers - learn new skills using fun programs on classroom computers
- Group Time - children learn to wait their turn, listen, and follow directions
- Sand & Water Play, Cooking, Library, and Playground Time
W.E.E. SCHOOL Staff
The teachers and director of W.E.E. School complete 24 clock hours of training each year. This training provides new and valuable information relating to the ongoing changes in early childhood development. The staff is also trained in CPR and First-Aid. An AED machine is also located near the W.E.E. School office in the event of an emergency.
Special days at W.E.E. SCHOOL
We take time during the school year to celebrate special days, including:
- Thanksgiving Feast
- Christmas Play
- Farm Day
- Texas Day
- Beach Luau
contact the w.e.e. school office
If you are interested in a loving, nurturing environment for your 2, 3, 4, or 5 year old, please come by FBC Cleburne and pick up an enrollment packet. For more information regarding tuition, fees, or any questions about the W.E.E. School Program, please contact Leighton Martinez, W.E.E. School Director, at 817-645-6684, ext. 122.