- What is the Messiah, and where did the idea come from? Click HERE to see a great presentation of the Old Testament, historical truth that led to the expectation of the Messiah and how Jesus is the Messiah! If you don't have access to Rightnow Media, you can get a free login with access to hundreds of online videos and teaching tools by emailing and requesting a link to create a free login!
- Our Second Sunday of service is going to be on the second Saturday in October (13th). We will join other churches in celebrating a Fall Festival at Carver Park from 11:00AM to 2:00PM. We'll be unloading everything in the Block Party trailer, and we'll have a couple extra inflatables. So we need your help! Come and join us in serving our community!
- Griefshare is Sundays at 5:00PM in the Fellowship Hall. For anyone who has suffered a loss, Griefshare is a great place to learn tools and build relationships that help with the huge adjustment to go on with life. Contact Pam Ackley, Wilma Reed, or Deb Matthews for more information.
- WEE mom's Bible study meets Thursdays at 8:30AM in the parlor. All moms of preschoolers are welcome!
- Fall Festival is Saturday, October 13th from 11AM to 2PM at Carver Park. FBCC is joining with other churches to provide a great day of family fun and entertainment to serve our neighbors. We will empty the Block Party Trailer, and we'll need volunteers for all the usual activities--bounce house, cooking and serving hot dogs, handing out water and chips, serving pop corn, hosting children at our toss games, and doing face painting. Plan to join us as we serve our community with other sister congregations from Cleburne!
- Our students and adults will join with thousands of others from the Metroplex at the Texas Motor Speedway October 20-21, 2018 for the "Together Conference." We are praying and fasting together for the weeks leading up to the conference. Will you join us in praying for God to move in a mighty way at the conference, in our church, and beyond?
- Christian Women's Job Corps Chili Cook-off is Saturday, October 20th at 5:00PM here at FBC Cleburne. Get your best chili recipe out and get ready to cook! Come and eat lots of chili with all the rest of us!
- Campout! FBC families will be camping out at the Crosby Ranch October 26-28, 2018. You are welcome to join in the fun! Fishing, grilling out, Bible study, fellowship, games, and 4-wheeling are all part of the fun. Bring your tent, camper, etc., food and drinks, and lawn chairs, and come to join in the fun! Every family is invited.
- Quarterly Conference for the FBC family is Sunday, October 28, 2018 at 6:00PM. Bring a covered dish for supper, and the conference will follow. If you have items for the agenda, please submit those to the office by noon on October 18th.
- "First Family Fun Fest" is Wednesday, October 31st here at FBC Cleburne. The gym, atrium, children's area, and covered drive will have lots of fun activities and give-aways for children and food for the family. We'll start at 6:00PM, and we need your help!
- Daylight Savings Time ends November 4th, so remember to FALL BACK one hour and enjoy that extra hour of sleep!
- Evergreen will meet Tuesday, November 6th at 11:30AM in the fellowship hall. Everyone over 50 is invited to be a part!
- The Rightnow Conference will help you know how better to teach, serve, and minister to this generation. You'll experience wonderful worship and great teaching in large and small-group settings. Hear Matt Chandler, Louie Giglio, David Platt, Chip Ingram, Pete Briscoe, Peter Greer, and more. Plan to join us November 7-9, 2018 at Bent Tree Bible Fellowship in Carrollton. No cost to you, because we subscribe to Rightnow Media. Some will be driving each day, and some will be staying in the area for the conference. It starts Wednesday at 1:00 PM and ends at 12:15PM on Friday! Contact Dr. Crosby for more information!
- Thankgiving meal for the FBC Family and friends is Wednesday, November 14th from 5:00PM to 7:00PM. Our Kitchen Committee and Special Occasion Committee will need your help to make this meal happen. Please contact LouAnn Potter for more information!
- The Week of Prayer for International Missions and Lottie Moon Christmas Offering emphasis is December 2-9, 2018. Dr. Steve and Liz Gilbert will lead us December 2nd to learn more about International missions--how to pray, give, and go!
- "Tapestry of Light" will be presented by our Sanctuary Choir and orchestra on Sunday morning, December 16th at 10:30AM. Come and worship the new-born King!
- Please note that Operation Blessing will be using our gym for their Christmas Toy Drive and distribution on December 17-19 2018.
- Christmas Eve carols & candles is Monday, December 24th at 5:00PM.
- Please pray for Otis Mann as he pastors the Colonial Manor Nursing Center every Sunday morning and Wednesday night. Otis has been leading that ministry for over 17 years now.
- "Jesus Christ is Lord!" Remember to take time with your family to say together this Christian "Shema".
- The 150th Anniversary weekend services are now online. The May 5th Anniversary service is available to view HERE, and the Sunday May 6th service is HERE.
- You can view our Celebration Worship services live each Sunday morning starting at 10:30am on Facebook Live. You can also go back and watch the service at your convenience. Simply go to "First Baptist Church of Cleburne, TX" on Facebook. "Like" our page and you will receive notifications when we're going live.
- Our deacons meet every Sunday at 10:15am in the Fellowship Hall to pray together for the service. Special thanks to those deacons who are rotating providing eyes, ears, and a welcoming smile around our facilities!
- Sam Patty is serving as our Choir Director, and you can join the choir for rehearsal on Wednesdays at 7:30pm and in the loft on Sunday mornings.
- You can read the Bible through in 2018 with your FBC family. See our plan HERE.
- Covenant Men's Breakfast - Tuesdays at 6:00am in the Parlor. All men are welcome, and you'll enjoy the fellowship and Bible study. LouAnn Potter cooks a made-to-order breakfast for us, too!
- WEE Moms (moms of children enrolled in our WEE School) meet every Thursday at 8:30am (as soon as you drop off your little one). This group meets in the Fellowship Hall.
- Celebrate Recovery - every Tuesday at 6:30pm in the Annex to help anyone with habits, hurts, or hang-ups!
Sundays at FBC Cleburne
Bible Study groups begin at 9:15am, with Celebration Worship at 10:30am. Mission Cafe (coffee shop) will be open for fellowship and coffee at 9:00am each Sunday morning. Special events happen on various Sunday evenings. A Bible study and meal for Young Adults though 23 years is at Todd & Jessica Richardson's home each Sunday at 6:30PM, 201 Ryan Street in Joshua, TX. Second Sunday "Service" is hands-on practical ministry each second Sunday. Read the Bible with FBC Cleburne in 2018!
FBC Cleburne is using a 5-day per week reading plan to read through the Bible this year. You can CLICK HERE to see and download the reading plan.
"the reminder" is now online
"The Reminder" is FBC Cleburne's monthly newsletter and is available online HERE. An electronic copy can be emailed to anyone requesting it. A printed copy can be mailed to anyone requesting it. To request a printed copy and/or to confirm your current email address, please contact the church office at 817-645-6684. Printed copies will also be available at Grand Central and in the church office each month.
Evergreen for senior adults
Evergreen is the monthly lunch meeting of our senior adults. These meetings consist of a special program or speaker and a delicious lunch (RSVP is appreciated). Evergreen meets the first Tuesday of every month at 11:30am in the Fellowship Hall. To RSVP for the next Evergreen meeting, please contact the church office at 817-645-6684. Evergreen is open to the public. Some of the meals require a $5 payment to cover expenses (contact the church office for more information).
FREE Videos for kids
FREE access to video for children like VeggieTales, McGee and Me!, What's in the Bible?, Theo, Adventures in Odyssey, Paws & Tales, Kingdom Under the Sea, Boogabooga, Amazing Bible Series, Little Angels, Storyteller Cafe, and many more! For all members of FBC Cleburne, just email and ask for access to RightNow Media!
FREE online bible studies
FREE access to video Bible studies by David Platt (including all 15 past "Secret Church" teachings), Matt Chandler, Francis Chan, Dennis Rainey, Andy Stanley, John Ortberg, Eric Mason, Mark Batterson, and others. For all members of FBC Cleburne, just email and ask for access to RightNow Media!
support Operation blessing
If you would like to help support our monthly food distribution to Operation Blessing, you may indicate that on your check as "Project Hunger - Red Wagon Fund." Thank you for supporting this ministry above your regular tithes and offerings!
You can now give your tithes and offerings to the FBC Cleburne Budget online. You can give a one-time gift or set up a recurring gift. Check it out HERE.
Parents: Please escort your child
We are asking parents to go with their child anytime they need to leave the worship service, just as an extra precaution. It is always best to see to their needs before worship begins, but thank you for helping us see our little ones safe.
Church office hours
The church offices are in the Annex of FBC Cleburne, 414 N Main St., Cleburne, TX 76033. Office hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Thursday, and 8:30am to noon Friday, excluding lunchtime.