We REALLY want to continue to worship live together and not go to an online presence only. But in light of the increase of Covid cases and the continuing positive infection among some of our members, we need to change the way we do worship for a while.
1. We are cancelling all other activities until after Thanksgiving, and we hope some of you can ZOOM your Bible studies together.
2. For live worship, we are going to skip every other row again and REQUIRE masks for all except the smallest children. We prayed and discussed this, and we believe it will best help us to worship in person and get to celebrate the Christmas season together rather than having to go strictly online for worship. Please enter ONLY through the front door at Willlingham Street, and note that we will not have childcare or Children’s Church during this time. The worship center will continue to be sanitized each week, and bulletins will be laid on the pew. While anyone is on the platform in a leadership role, masks will not be required. We will mask up when we are not on the platform, however, and require masks while in the worship center.
3. Offerings will continue to be received in the boxes that are marked for that purpose, and we will not have a “greeting” time. The QR codes for giving online and for prayer requests and information updates will be in the bulletin so you can scan them with your smart phone.
4. Our ballot vote on the 2021 FBC Cleburne Budget will be moved to Sunday, December 13, 2020. Hopefully by that time, we can relax things and have resumed all of our vital Bible study and Discipling activities.
5. We will NOT have our church Thanksgiving dinner this year, but we hope the choir and handbells will be able to resume rehearsals after Thanksgiving so that we can have "Christmas around the Table" later in December.
At this point, we WILL plan to celebrate:
1. Our Live Nativity in Hulen Park on December 4th after the Christmas Parade.
2. Children’s “Christmas Breakfast with the Pastor” on Saturday morning, December 5th.
3. The Lord’s Supper on Sunday morning, December 6th.
4. Our Christmas Eve service of candles & Lord’s Supper on December 24th.
We also anticipate that our Special Occasions Committee will be able to decorate the Worship Center for the Christmas season by the first Sunday of Advent, November 29th.
Please pray that the Lord will guard us all from the pandemic and bring healing to those who are infected. Pray also that He will bring an end to Covid-19 soon. Pray that we will have wisdom going forward to know how best to continue to worship and celebrate Jesus while doing what we must do to keep everyone safe and well.
Grace and Peace,
- "One Minute with God" is a plan for each day of a verse, a question, and a prayer to use together with your family and your FBC Cleburne family! November's Minute with God, which focuses on gratitude, can be viewed or downloaded HERE.
- Join us for live worship here in the worship center at 414 N. Main Street in Cleburne, Texas or online on Facebook or Youtube at 10:30AM each Sunday! The church office is open regular hours, 8:30am - 4:30pm (closed for lunch).
- GriefShare meets on Sundays at 5:00PM in the Fellowship Hall.
- We will vote on the Recommended 2021 FBCC Budget from our Stewardship Committee on Sunday, December 13, 2020 by ballot, and without discussion, following the worship service. Please prayerfully consider this 2021 ministry plan, which can be viewed or downloaded HERE.
- Graduation for Christian Women's Job Corps is Thursday, November 19th at 7:00 PM in the FBCC Chapel, with fellowship in the Lorena Chambless Building to follow.
- Our week of prayer for International Missions and Lottie Moon Christmas Offering is November 29 - December 6, 2020. Our offering goal for worldwide missions is $20,000.
- The Living Nativity will be Friday, December 4, 2020 in Hulen Park right after the Christmas Parade.
- Christmas with the Pastor is Saturday, December 5th at 9:00AM. Donkey rides & lots of fun for Children and Preschoolers and their family!
- Carols, Candles, and the Lord's Supper will be shared on Christmas Eve at 5:00PM at FBC Cleburne. Plan to come with your family and friends!
FREE Videos for kids
FREE access to video for children like VeggieTales, McGee and Me!, What's in the Bible?, Theo, Adventures in Odyssey, Paws & Tales, Kingdom Under the Sea, Boogabooga, Amazing Bible Series, Little Angels, Storyteller Cafe, and many more! For all members of FBC Cleburne, just email
and ask for access to RightNow Media!
FREE online bible studies
FREE access to video Bible studies by David Platt (including all 15 past "Secret Church" teachings), Matt Chandler, Francis Chan, Dennis Rainey, Andy Stanley, John Ortberg, Eric Mason, Mark Batterson, and others. For all members of FBC Cleburne, just email
and ask for access to RightNow Media!
support Operation blessing
If you would like to help support our monthly food distribution to Operation Blessing, you may indicate that on your check as "Project Hunger - Red Wagon Fund." Thank you for supporting this ministry above your regular tithes and offerings!
You can now give your tithes and offerings to the FBC Cleburne Budget online. You can give a one-time gift or set up a recurring gift. Check it out HERE.
Church office hours
The church offices are in the Annex of FBC Cleburne, 414 N Main St., Cleburne, TX 76033. Office hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Thursday, excluding lunchtime. The office is closed on Fridays.
FBC Cleburne Constitution
Our FBC Cleburne Constitution is available HERE, and our Personnel Policies 2.4 are HERE.
The Adopted 2020 FBC Budget can be seen HERE. The Proposed 2021 FBCC Budget will be voted on Sunday morning, November 15, 2020 by ballot without discussion. See that proposed budget HERE.
Committees of FBC Cleburne
The Adopted FBC Committees for 2020 can be seen HERE. To see the description of what our committees are tasked by the church to do, click HERE.